Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Oh the Pressure...my first post!

So many times I've thought "If I had a blog I would write about this!" I have attempted to blog in the past but the vision I have in my mind of how my blog will look never quite matches up with what appears on the screen. Then my patience with my own ineptitude comes to a quick end as I sit comparing my attempts with the lovely blogs I read on a daily basis and I resign myself to the audience of blogsphere once again.
Well here I am, trying out for the team one more time! Even if the pictures don't look right or I can't get the header the way I envision it I'm going to keep plugging along because at this point, no one knows I'm here anyway. I might as well practice.
Since this is my first post I want to talk about the name I chose for this blog.
Choosing a name for a blog is quite the mental chore, right next to naming a child! I wanted it to be unique but not weird, meaningful, thought provoking, understood by those who might stumble upon it. I will be blogging about life, about home. As a Christ-follower we are told this Earth is not our home, it's a temporary home. How many of us have lived in temporary homes? Dorm rooms, apartments, rental homes even a stay at a hotel is a very temporary home. Most of my adult life I've lived in temporary homes but now we own the house we live in. The difference between how I felt about those temporary homes and the home we now own is very different. There is a feeling of being able to live differently, put down roots, make it ours. In a rental the obvious difference is not having the ability to change things the way you would like it to look. Most landlords don't allow you to paint let alone take out the carpet and put in hardwood flooring or add on a room to the back! So if Earth is my temporary home does this mean I live my life differently than if I thought this time on Earth was it? That once I die I just cease to exist? No after-life? Think about that.
The Bible also talks about storing up treasure here on Earth and where our treasure is so will be our heart. But treasures here on Earth burn, decay, get lost, stolen, crash on the stock market...
God has blessed me here on Earth but my goal is to store up treasures in my true home, Heaven.
Here goes the beginning of my blogging journey, no pressure!

3 comments:

  1. I think your blog title is wonderful! I couldn't agree more...this is NOT our home...how precious the thought! :)

    I hopped over from Trisha's blog (The Good Life) to *meet* you...it's been a lovely visit.

    May the LORD bless you with many more posts for HIS glory!

    Many Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness! I'm so new to this blogging thing that I didn't even realize someone had commented on my post! What excitement to read your comment, thank you so much! I've read your blog several times (either through Cinnamon's blog or Trisha's)and admire the look of your blog as well as the content. Blessings to you and your family!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kerri,
    I'm so glad I now have somewhere to come and write back to you. You've commented on our blog for a bit now and I've always wanted to come re-pay that kindness :-)

    Think of blogging as a letter to friend. I actually started mine for my husband when he was working nights. Since then we have met so many wonderful ladies and families. Such a blessing indeed!

    I'll peek back now and then and visit~

    ~Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete